The Detroit Curling Club has a School/Youth Group Rental program that is available to schools or other youth organizations with children 11 to 17. The program offers reduced costs for curling instruction and games. The minimum number of children required is eight and we can accommodate up to 32 for each time slot. The Club operates and has ice between early November and late April. All equipment and instruction is included.
Rental Times and Rates Available for the School/Youth Group Program:
- Non-holiday Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (9:00-11:00 AM) and (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM). $80 per sheet of ice (8 students per sheet)
- Saturday and Sunday (10:00 AM - Noon). $160 per sheet of ice (8 students per sheet)
Curling Rental: Your event starts off with 20 to 30 minutes of training by an experienced club member. Some of this is in the warm room but most is on ice. The training section is followed by an actual game.
Age and Numbers of Students: The minimum age is 11 years old. We are a four-sheet club and can accommodate up to eight children per sheet.
Adult Supervision: We require you to bring supervision at a 4 to 1 ratio (students to adults). You will not be charged for the adults in a supervisory capacity but adult supervisers need to sign a Release of Liability form.
Deposit: We require a $50 deposit for your group regardless of how many sheets you need. This is not refundable if cancelled within a week of the outing. Full refund will be given for snow days regardless of when the cancellation occurs. This deposit can be paid by PayPal or check.
Final Payment: The final payment may also be made ahead of time by PayPal or on the day of the rental by credit card (MC, VISA, AMEX, Discover), check or cash.
What to wear: Wear warm, comfortable clothes (athletic pants and sweat shirts, hat, gloves etc.). It is 38 °F in the arena. Clean shoes are a must! Please have all who are going on the ice carry a clean pair of running shoes with them. Please do not wear them into the club.
Release of Liability Form: Each person going on the ice must sign a DCC Release of Liability form (in the case of children by their parent/guardian). The form will be emailed to you after the reservation is confirmed and deposit received.
Arrival times: Groups must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to ice time for preparation and off-ice instruction.
Instructions for Booking Ice Time
- Review the available ice times from the main Ice Rentals Page.
- Review the above rental information covering rates, payment, age, what to wear, and what can be brought in to the club.
- To make a rental request, complete our rental request form. CLICK HERE - LINK POSTED OCT 10, 2019
- A confirmation email will be returned to your email address. That email will include instructions and additional information.